Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium

In Tucson, AZ at the University of Arizona campus there is  Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium. Since my DS10 was studying astronomy while on our trip we decided to check this out. They had an exhibit on meteroids, comets and outer space. My son was in heaven... He soaked up everything he could while were there. My other two kids loved it to but the greatest impact came from my science guy DS10! While we were there we saw two laser shows and then went outside to there telescope and saw Uranus and Neptune. This was awesome for me as well since I have been wanting to see both of these planets and don't have a telescope strong enough to view them. We've seen all the other planets (minus Pluto) so this was awesome to see these two while we were there!
 
Photobucket

Photobucket
 
My son showing off a little piece of Mars..

Photobucket
 
A replica of 1998 RQ36 meteroid

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Inside an asteriod!

Photobucket
 
Showing relative size of 1998RQ36 to certain world buildings. The meteriod is the gray thing that my son is standing next to.

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Daughter making a hoodoo...

Photobucket
 
Sitting next to a real meteorite

Photobucket
 
Thought this was funny. As we were leaving the building outside the front door they had a sidewalk sundial.. No big deal right?? But just on the right there it says for those I guess that don't know how a SUNdial works.. "This can only be used when the sun is shining".. no foolin?... hee hee!! I guess that's why it's called a sundial and not a moon or cloud dial.. Just thought that was funny!!

Comments

Popular Posts