Fair Entry Results...

This year I entered some of my greeting cards in the fair. This is the first time I've ever done that. I didn't realize there was a category for this so when I saw it, I jumped all over it.

For the past three years I've entered my photos in the fair, but last year I won my 6th ribbon and they pushed me into the advanced category from the Novice so I was worried about being up against professional photographers because I'm not one.
 
I didn't place with my two photos this year but it appeared they only gave away 1st place in all the categories even though they were supposed to place 2nd and 3rd. As far as the point system of a possible 10, I got an 8 on one and a 9 on the other so if they were giving ribbons like they were supposed to I would of ribboned so that was a bit weird. I may not put my pics in next yr. You have to pay to enter and then when they don't ribbon people it makes you wonder what they are doing with the extra money that's supposed to go to the winners? hmmmm..

 photo 008_zpsf6ddd9a6.jpg
 
I scored an 8 out of 10 on this one which could of brought me a 3rd place ribbon if they were giving out 2nd and 3rd like they were supposed too...

 photo 007_zpsdeb55906.jpg
 
I scored a 9 out of 10 on this photo above which was a 2nd place ribbon if they were giving them out like they were supposed too..
 
I did win big on the greeting cards I entered. I put in 14 cards. I placed with 12 and the other two were honorable mentions.. Here are the 12 I place below with their ribbons. I made $45.00 this year so I'm really happy with the results. I plan to enter again this next Summer..
 
I watched them judge these before the fair so I heard things they were looking for, so I have a better understanding on things that they are picky about and things they like to see so I can't wait to get to work to make cards for next yr....

 photo 006_zpsd5b72adb.jpg
 
1st Place and 2nd Place

 photo 005_zpscbcefabc.jpg
 
2nd Place and 1st place

 photo 004_zps7a65480a.jpg
 
Two 1st Places

 photo 003_zpsdef47dd3.jpg
 
1st Place and 3rd Place

 photo 001_zpse362dbba.jpg
 
Two 2nd Places

Comments

Popular Posts