We Are Now Down to One..Homeschooling The Last




This is a bitter sweet post to share. I graduated my 2nd child back in May so this Summer has been planning our homeschooling adventure with just one left in the nest. My 15 yr old son. It has been difficult at times to think that I only have one left to homeschool and just 3 short years left until I graduate my last.

I allowed my son to choose what he wanted to learn this year. In years past they didn't seem to care which way I went so I decided for them. Since he is the last and only left, I wanted him to feel more in control of his education and not just Mom's idea!

He is looking into some sort of hands on job field when he is done with high school and is looking into attending college if what he ultimately chooses requires it. So Math, and science are two important subjects he needs to be focusing on. Here is his upcoming Sophmore Year: 2017-2018 curriculum..

MATH:

Saxon Geometry Homeschool Kit

Capture+_2017-08-26-17-46-54


HISTORY/Literature:

Exploring Economics Textbook (2016 Release)   -     By: Ray Notgrass

Image result for notgrass economics literature
1st Semester

Notgrass Exploring Economics has a literature addition this year so we will be using that for his English credit for the year.

Capture+_2017-08-26-17-48-36

Image result for notgrass government literature

2nd Semester

He has shown real interest in our Constitution even more so after the highly publicized election and the way the country is going today. I am very happy to see him interested in this subject.

Science

Image result for understanding modern electronics

Electives:

We are still undecided on his electives. He has been interested in cooking lately so we may dabble in this for a semester and give him a home ec credit if he wants to continue.. We will see! He also likes woodworking and mechanics. He has been helping his father with our vehicles and is something he is interested in as a career option so this will definitely be a hands on elective for him. The joys of homeschooling is flexibility and the delight in education..

Comments

Popular Posts