Love Being Creative

I started working at Hobby Lobby back in June. I was part of the store set crew that put everything together from the ground up, until Grand Opening Day which was back on June 26th. That week I was offered the Assistant Manager and Dept. Manager position for Home Décor.

This job has been a true blessing to me. I am not talking about pay, but a creative outlet for me. I have been in a kind of funk for several months prior. Mainly as my children are getting older, (graduated my 2nd child back in May) I was finding that staying home full time was difficult. After letting go of making greeting cards a few years ago, I really haven't found a creative outlet to do in my spare time. I do love to cook, bake and run but I felt like I was missing something.

When I got hired, I had no preconceived ideas on whether I would stay on after the store was set. I figured if I did they would offer me a part time job and I would have something extra to do. During store set they place you in a dept. and as the store gets merchandise you start to learn all about that dept. so you can familiarize yourself with the merchandise. At first they placed me in the Paper Crafts Dept. At my interview I expressed my knowledge of almost 20 years working with paper crafting products. I thought that would be a nice fit.

Day 2, we were standing at our morning meeting and the lead asked who was really good with attention to detail and I quickly raised my hand. Raising my hand changed my course forever.. and I am so glad I did. I was introduced to two lovely ladies that taught me the simple things on setting the store.. BUT, these two ladies were dept. managers for the Home Décor Dept. Each day I came to work, they took me and trained me instead of going to Paper Crafts. By the end of our set, I fell in love working in this dept.

They offered me a full time job as the co-lead for this dept. as well as Assistant Manager and I was surprised and super excited all in one. Home Décor is one of the biggest depts. in the store so there is two of us that co-lead. She is also the other Assistant Manager in the store. I am blessed to work alongside her which makes going to work even more pleasurable.

Now 6 months later I couldn't be happier to work for this wonderful company and to work in this very creative dept. I am not just stocking shelves and ordering with daily merchandise but I get to be creative. The company sends us a LOT of one time shipment merchandise to sell. These items don't have permanent homes. As one of the leads for this dept. it's our job to make creative displays to sell these items.

That's where the FUN begins.





There really isn't a time where I have nothing to do. As you can see above this is just a few tables I have designed to display this one time shipment merchandise.

I am on my feet moving all day long and I LOVE IT! God has truly blessed me with this job. Not many can say they love their jobs.. I do! Best decision I have ever made was to step foot into that open interview day and fill out that application.  Now 6 months later, I still feel the same way!

Thanks Hobby Lobby for trusting me to do a good job! I am truly blessed!

Comments

  1. I have heard about this store and how great it is from a friend of mine. Some neat Christian based craft materials. I saw things he bought so he can make designer frames for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobby Lobby has such fun items. I can easily spend hours looking at everything to get ideas for home and crafting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!

Popular Posts