One Word 2018


It's that time again. A new year is fast approaching and time to do some reflecting and looking to the future.. In 2017 my One Word was DETERMINED. I posted about it HERE

This past year I was determined to complete things. I ran my first ever half marathon in May. I completed 2,017 miles (running/walking). These two things were a one time accomplishment.  The half marathon was a bucket list idea for the past 4 years and so blessed that I was able to complete it. A five month training commitment. As for running/walking 2017 miles. That was a huge milestone to complete this. An entire year commitment. In the past I ran no more than 650 miles in a year so this was HUGE. I don't plan to sign up again in the coming year. Running/Walking 2,017 miles was a huge undertaking. All my spare time went into cardio with running and walking. 5.5 miles a day for 365 days. My goal in the coming year is to focus on health. Weight lifting and muscle building with running as something to do for fun. I have started running with virtual races online. I run a 5k or 10k here at my house on my own route, log the miles and time on their website and I get a really fancy medal! This has been the best motivation to better myself as a runner.

I have been choosing a ONE WORD since 2011. I love having a word to focus on for an entire year. This year I was putting some thought into what word I wanted to choose for 2018. It took me literally 5 minutes to think this one up. A record for me..

2018 ONE WORD: COMMIT

I chose this word after purchasing a 2018 planner Commit30.

This year, my goal is to commit but in smaller portions and that's where this new planner will benefit me. It's designed to break down goals and new habits in 30 day increments. 

COMMIT:

  • Commit 30 days at a time to make healthy changes
  • Commit to building muscles instead of focusing on cardio and running as sole fitness options
  • Commit to more virtual races that help me be a better runner for own personal goals
  • Commit to reading the Bible. I would like to read my Chronological Bible in One Year.
  • Commit to healthy food choices by doing the I Quit Sugar detox then onto a Whole 30 month to help get me back to eating right with working full time
  • Commit to saving as much money as we can for house updates and savings account
  • Commit to my health, to return to 100% non toxic, chemical free items in home and personal care items
  • Commit to dating my husband at least twice a month. Something fun that will help us build our relationship after 20 years of marriage
  • Commit to returning to church weekly now that my schedule at work is back to being consistent
  • Commit to focusing on date nights with my boys because my time with them is coming to a close shortly. One is already 18 and the other just turned 16.
  • Commit to using this blog more as a journal, sharing my life, family, faith and hobbies.
These are just a few things that have come to mind while typing this post. I am sure there is more areas that I will COMMIT to in the coming year.

I welcome the New Year and embrace the possibilities of God's grace and faithfulness.

Do you have a ONE WORD for the upcoming year? Would love to hear it in the comments below..

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts