Time For A Change

My husband and I have been living in our home almost 11 years. When we purchased this home back in May 2007 we figured we would live here 5 years and then look into getting property and build a retirement home there.

One year after another, we basically settled here and kept doing our daily tasks. Even though back in our minds we really wanted to get out of town and own a little chunk of heaven.

Right after we moved in I started tackling the yard. It was nothing but weeds all around. One section at a time I gained a yard with green grass for my kids to play in. We put up a fence in the back yard so the kids could be safe and a deck off the back door. Around year 3 I decided to start fixing up the interior and make it home. Redid the kitchen walls, then cabinets. Worked into family room and added wainscoting, crown and chair molding and made curtains for the windows then new flooring.

I then worked into laundry room and spare bathroom adding wainscoting, floor trim, paint and new flooring. In the living room we painted it and added crown molding and new baseboard molding. Took out all window molding and redid it all and added new wood mini blinds. Added new door trim as well.

Just last year I went into our master bathroom and redid it with wainscoting, crown molding, new medicine cabinet and lighting and flooring. Plus added new fixtures and tub molding since we have a large garden tub in there and a fresh coat of paint.

A lot of years with a lot of updates puts us in a great place to sell it for the future owner. It's literally move in ready.

Over the past few years when moving came up in conversation I was a bit hesitant so it didn't feel right.  I got a new job last June and over the past several months I have been paying down our mortgage since it's our only debt. This last month my husband and I started talking that we were in agreement to pay off mortgage but we knew we didn't want to pay off THIS mortgage and it was finely time to search for our retirement home.

Last week I started looking around for homes for sale. Just to see what was out there. Used to looking at the low end pricing because we always had just one income to consider for payments so thought we would end up still in the city limits. Hubby had other plans though. All he looked at was houses on property so after driving to look at homes, he told me to go see a cute house that was once a barn turned into a home. We turned onto the main street it was located off of and saw a white house for sale. We looked around and fell in love instantly. As we looked at how big the property was we figured we would not be able to afford it so we kept driving to look at the barn house.

Well we had to go back the way we came in since there was no outlet so saw this house again. I HAD to find out how much it was. Pulled over, grabbed my phone and looked it up. BAM! I was in love.

Went home, logged into my bank and filled out our preapproval for a loan. Got preapproved next day, called a real estate agent for a showing (same day) and put in an offer that evening!

This below is our new home! 4bd 2.5 bath, almost 3,000 sq ft on 1.17 acres of heaven.



Hubby gets a man cave he has been so needing to fix cars and do his hobbies. The garage is over 2 cars wide (which I finally get to park my car out of the elements) and hubby gets the rest. The back half of the garage is a heated workshop and we also have a large shed next to garage for all tools and yard stuff.

Don't want to forget to mention I get a beautiful open kitchen! I was spoiled with my kitchen now with all the storage and counter space so didn't want to give that up. So happy I don't need too.


Here above is just a little glimpse at the back part of our property. Home is on the left, garage and shed. (RV is not ours)

We are so blessed that this all fell into place for us. We are so happy that we are allowed to purchase this house without needing contingencies with trying to sell our current home to move into our future home. Once we move into this home. Est May 4th for closing, we will put our current house up for sale.

Stay tuned for updates as we get settled in. Decorating ideas are already flowing freely in my brain now so can't wait to share as I execute them after move in. A little piece of country living is finally ours...

Comments

Popular Posts