Projects and More Projects

Buying a new home and prepping to sell your current home is not for the faint of heart. A lot of work goes into each task. Try to do them simultaneously and you get my current life. Hubby and I took a week off of work to pack and prep our current home so we can put it on the market once we move out May 5-6. We close on our new home on May 4th.

A lot has been going on this past week. Today I planted new plants in some of my pots outside. Found out half of them, the bulbs are re-growing so I put new ones in every other pot. I think that will look awesome once the bulbs grow bigger.

New plant I put in today in the planter
You can see the bulb growing out of the soil.

Had to replant grass seed near our front door. This little spot is the "potty palace"
 On Sunday I painted both the boys' rooms. Oldest had a yellow room and not a big selling color so I painted it Navajo White to tone it down a bit.


Having a break painting.
 My son decided he wanted to be involved in painting his room. His favorite color is blue so for years that was the color of his room. Now it's Navajo White like his brother's.

It was super nice having him help paint his room. Allowed me to do both in one day
 Packing is part of the process. Got my master bedroom closet started, and now I am taking down photos and stuff on the walls of the house and packing it all. Moved everything to the corner of our dining room and spare bedroom to stage all the boxes as we fill them since we are packing and remodeling at the same time, the house gets messy quick!


Last week hubby started adding some touches that I have been wanting for years. A faux beam in our living room. I absolutely LOVE it. Photo doesn't do it justice! We will be adding another one in the master bedroom once we move out since our bed is directly under where he needs to install it. We will also be taking down the ugly ceiling fan and adding a nice light fixture.


Still have 5 more days of vacation before I return to work and 10 days until we close on our new home. It's getting closer and more real to me. The bank called today to confirm our loan is 100% ready to close so just waiting on title company to get all paperwork together and be ready for May 4th..

We have a good sized list to finish on our current home to get it up on the market hopefully mid May at the latest. Tomorrow my goal is more packing and putting up new trim in the boys' bedrooms now that it's painted. I still have the Jack & Jill bathroom to remodel and hope to get it done before end of vacation.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts