Craft Room DIY Makeover

This past month with a lot of thought and prayer I decided to leave my full time job and come back home. This was a tough decision to make as I loved working where I did. I just didn't like the 50-65 hour weeks and not being able to be home with family and to enjoy my new home we purchased back in May. So now that I am home full time I decided to tackle some home projects to make this house a home. First stop...... Craft Room.

Hubby has so generously given me two full rooms to do as I please since he now has a Man Cave Shop on the back of our garage. Heated to boot..

One of my rooms needed to be a hobby/craft room. I decided to make the room with the cabinets this room. Hoping to utilize the counter space and cabinets to my crafting advantage.

First stop was cleaning this room out. Since moving in, I tried to make it an office but it was bigger than I needed to pay bills and store some files so it ended up being a collect all of everything since I had no time with working to do anything with it all.


As you can see from the above photos. Lots of stuff just piled around


So it got cleared away and left me with this cabinet with counter. What to do?





Photos above show the room cleared and ready to make magic!


I decided to strip the cabinet doors off and paint the base an antique white finish.






I then painted the room a creamy caramel color.


I decided the cabinets needed more. I wanted it to feel like they were meant to be in the room, not forced.

I added some easy, inexpensive peel and stick back splash to the walls behind the counter top. They came in 10X10 sheets so I cut them down to fit my needs and they overlapped beautifully to give it a seamless look


I felt it needed a little more so I purchased these decorative trim pieces at Home Depot. $5.38 an 8 foot section and added it to the top part of the backsplash. I then painted it the Antique White that matches the cabinet base. For the final touches I sealed it with caulking top and bottom.






To finish up the room it got all new floor molding. Original molding was quarter round and small compared to the room. I wanted taller more pronounced molding so I purchased this 3 inch floor trim at Home Depot at $1.27 sq ft.

I am playing around right now with my existing furniture pieces to see how I like the layout. I still have a long way to go to get all my craft items in here and organized but for now I am happy with the overall update makeover.



I will update photos of my organization ideas and finished room layout here soon. Stay Tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts