Neglected But Now Transformed

For awhile I haven't been blogging. I thought around April I would start a new blog and leave this one alone. I did start one but ended up not posting much because I was working 50-65 hour weeks at my job. Recently I finally quit after working at Hobby Lobby for a year and a half as their Assistant Store Manager and Home Décor Department Lead. I loved my job but I love my family more. I didn't see them much working as many hours as I was so in late October I put in my notice to come back home full time. November 2nd was my last day.

The month of November and December I decided to focus on my fitness and running goals since I neglected them a lot being tired when I returned home from 10-12 hour shifts. Other than that I just took this time to not add any projects or commitments and it's been nice unwinding and refocusing.

With refocusing, it gave me the opportunity to readdress my blogging future. I have had this blog since 2008. A lot of my posts ended up being deleted because I lost the hosting for my photos and without photos I didn't have posts so it looks like there isn't many. Great news is, I am back at it again with full desire to make this blog great again.

I have decided to focus on:

DIY projects:
Once I get started in the New Year. We just purchased a house in May so I have a lot of things to do to make this house our home and would love to share those with you over the coming year.

Fitness goals:
I will be sharing here as well. All about my running adventures and goals as well as my fitness routine. Successes and failures.


Fitness wise I have started a whole body workout program called Body Boss. It has 4 weeks of pre-training. Getting used to all the moves, and then a 12 week intense program. Using only your own body weight with occasion arm weights. I am currently on Week 2 of the main program with 10 1/2 weeks left. I have truly built some muscles in the 6 weeks so far and already see improvements in my running as well.

After the initial program is done in mid March I will be moving onto this one above by Body Boss called Body Boss Tone. This is a body toning weight program using physical weights. I will be working on this alongside my training for my 2nd half marathon which will take place late June.

Healthy Living:
This is another passion of mine. Eating right because 80% of your effort is your diet while only 20% is your exercise so if you don't have your diet under control you can't make up for it in the gym. I plan to post recipes that we've enjoyed and some healthy living tips that I have gleaned along the way.

Country Life:
We purchased our new home just south of town in the county. Living on over an acre of property. We have plans to make it a mini homestead of sorts. Love to share what we do as we get started!

Organization:
With a new home comes new organization. I love to organize things and share what works and doesn't. Look forward in the New Year to share what I am doing along the way.

Thanks to all the loyal followers that have stuck around over the past year. I look forward to putting the effort in making this blog something you enjoy to come back to... See you all in the New Year...



Comments

Popular Posts