Reflections of the Past Year


As the new year has arrived, it's time to reflect on the past year. I have been participating in the One Word challenge since 2011 and absolutely love how it helps me each year. In 2019 my word was INVEST.

After leaving my full time job and coming home it was time for me to INVEST in my own personal goals. I thought this post would be great to reflect on what my goals were when I chose this word and the outcome now that the year has come to a close.. (The highlighted/underlined sentences were my goals and my responses below each one)

To complete my second half marathon in mid June with a PR around 2:50:00. 

I decided to not run this after I started training, knowing my body was no longer desiring a long run.

Earn at least 2 race medals a week for the year through virtual running

I earned a total of 24 through US Road Running virtual races along with a few more from other virtual race companies. 

Run consistently a 10 min mile

I actually ended up slowing down due to lack of consistently running

Build muscle

I sadly am the same as I was when posting that I wanted to build muscle.. Due to not being consistent with working out..

Eat clean, get back to unprocessed

I haven't made this a full time habit yet, but made a lot of progress in letting go of certain things, including caffeine. I was getting heart palpitations from drinking 2-3  cups of coffee a day and decided to go cold turkey about 4 months ago and I am happy I did. More natural energy and not sluggish half way through the day.

Run 1,000 miles by end of year

I didn't hit the 1,000 miles but did complete 602.6 miles

Blog more weekly

As you can see this was ONE BIG FAIL.. Going to work on this in 2020.

Learn my camera and get out there to photograph more

I am so happy that I took this to the next level and finally started my own photography business. You can check it out at my other blog at www.pittstopphotography.blogspot.comwww.pittstopphotography.blogspot.com or my website at www.pittstopphotography.com

Paint my home, start a garden and look into getting chickens for our home

We put the chickens idea on hold trying to figure out if we want to do more traveling as well as a garden because we live in the country and our  acreage is not fenced so we have deer wandering daily through our house. Have to figure out how to get a garden set up and safe from our little furry passerby's. Plus we are on a cistern, so have to factor in how we will water the garden. Maybe 2020 is the year..?

I did get the shed painted. Just need to finish up the trim and work on the garage this Summer. The home itself just needs trim to paint since I painted the bulk back in Summer 2017.

Learn brush lettering and loom knitting
Complete my temperature crocheted blanket and t-shirt quilt (both have been started)

Sadly no projects were made at all this year. They got pushed aside so I could focus on launching my business..

Never forget to laugh, and enjoy the company of friends

I did intentionally enjoy the company of friends this year. Bonding with one and forming a best friend, friendship. I am blessed.

Go on one intentional date each month with my love of 21 years

We didn't go on 'dates' each month as far as scheduled events but we did make a point to spend as much time as possible together, from hunting, drives, working out, and going away for our anniversary, I am one blessed wife to have this amazing husband by my side!

Here is to another great year, and another list of achievable goals. Check out my recent post that highlights my 2020 goals and my ONE WORD @ A Vision Reborn Post.

Anyone have one goal that you completed and are proud of? I would love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts