One Word 2023 Reveal


 I have been picking ONE WORD since 2011.. Since I have picked a word each year, I feel as if my year means more..

Previous words I have chosen...Simplify, Balance, Renew, Focus, Strength, Intentional, Determined, Commit, Invest, Vision, Cleanse, and Believe

This year my word is
PURPOSE

This past year there were a lot of changes in my life. Going from a full time job of 50 hour weeks alongside my part time real estate photography business to focusing solely on my real estate photography business and personal life after leaving my high stress retail management position in August has been a challenge.

Alongside work changes, I decided to start meal planning and giving my health more focus. 

With all these changes I felt the word PURPOSE made sense.

What I will find PURPOSE in for 2023:

P    Putting God First
U   Understanding my limits 
R    Resting in Him
P    Praying daily 
O   Only Commit to Things That Bring Joy & Peace to My Life
S    Stay Focused on my Health & Fitness
E    Experience Life with My Husband

  • P- I want dig deeper in the Word, so I plan to go through the Bible in Chronological Order through the year. I have read the bible cover to cover through the Bible in 90 Days but have not read it in chronological order.  (I will do a post on what my plans are for this and what I will be using shortly)
  • U- Understanding my limits means that I don't have to say YES to everything. Knowing where my purpose lies within my boundaries is key to a happy life
  • R- Resting in Him by using my creativity for His purpose. I let go of my crafting hobby of making greeting cards five years ago and haven't really found something to do replace it. I want my crafting to have more purpose for myself this year so I will be scripture journaling this year. I am excited about sharing my layouts, ideas, supplies throughout the year. I even plan to do some videos..
  • P- Praying Daily... I find this to be the most difficult thing to make a habit but I want to find purpose in praying for others, my family, self and my community.. I know the importance and power of prayer and want to be diligent by doing this often.
  • O- Only Commit to Things That Bring Joy & Peace to My Life.. This includes my real estate photography business, church activities and getting back into volunteering within my limits
  • S- Staying Focused on my Health\Fitness. I have started to refocus on essential oils and how to implement them more in my daily life. I plan to make natural items for my home and health. I also plan to post tutorials and photos as I make them this year. Fitness wise, for over a decade I was hooked on diet pills and since May I have released that hold on my life.. I used to use running and working out as a way to outrun my diet and obsession with my body image. I am finding my physical purpose and it's a great feeling.
  • Experiencing Life With My Husband- This past year we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It hasn't been easy, especially this past year with me working the opposite shift as him. We were literally two ships in the night. This year it's all about finding purpose in our marriage, our commitment to each other while experiencing life together.  Looking forward to sharing some things we are planning on doing this year..
Do you pick ONE Word? I would love to hear what you have chosen for 2023 and let me know one reason this word was your pick for the year...

Comments

Popular Posts