3 in 30 January Weekly Update

3in30 Challenge


Remember that PROGRESS, not PERFECTION, is the definition of SUCCESS!!

Other motivational quotes:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I posted at the beginning of the month that I am taking the 3 in 30 challenge. You can learn more about it by clicking on the button above.


1. Be more diligent with my time- I felt like I was wasting time each day by not doing things that were more productive. I am really progressing in this. I think this goal has been the most productive of all of them so far. Each day before I do something that I know are time wasters, like the computer.. I think of things I could possibly be doing instead. I find that I have alot more productive things to do. I am involved in a 31 Days to Clean challenge this month and I have been using my wasted time to clean and organize my house like I never thought possible and it's so uplifting. Not only is my house getting deep cleaned but I feel better doing it. Seeing the results is a very positive thing.


I mentioned last week that I wanted to take my boys separately to spend one on one time with them. I took my oldest on a run. He wanted to ride his rollerblades and I ran alongside him as we chatted along the trail. I really enjoyed it and he really enjoyed it too.


My youngest son didn't really want to 'do' anything with me. He just wanted to be 'heard'. I spent an hour just letting him tell me everything that was on his mind. He's a talker and this was his outlet.. With this simple thing, he's really drawn closer to me. He gives me more hugs and tells me he loves me more now. I just love that.

2. Save more money- this past week was not good since we had to purchase new glasses for my hubby. That's ok since I was able to save 4 times the amount I set out to do each week the previous week so I'm off to a great start. My goal is to save $50 a week. It's looking good for this coming week.

3. Do a Bible Study- My Ephesians study starts Monday. I have everything I need to get started. Nothing as of yet to say about this particular goal but I am looking forward to getting started.

Well here is what's happening with my goals so far this month. I am happy with my progress and look forward to what's ahead this month...

Comments

  1. What great goals...altho' it hasn't been set as a goal, I have been staying off the computer as much, refocusing my energies to postive and productive taskes.
    Today was spent tearing down and "rebuilding" the boys' room, going through each item and tossing what didn't fit/what was broken and what was no longer used. So, I know how rewarding that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you spent time one-on-one with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!

Popular Posts