Sloppy Joes From Scratch Recipe

 photo 005_zpsb92edbb7.jpg

I just recently came across a delicious Sloppy Joe recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

I changed mine up a little because I was missing an ingredient that she asked. Mine came out beautifully and this will definitely be the recipe I use from now on.

She mentions it yields 4-6 servings but my family of 5 ate it and I still have quite a bit left over for some sandwiches for lunch so I changed the yield amount on the printable recipe found HERE

Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:


1 medium organic onion, diced
1 organic green pepper, diced
4 organic garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds grass fed ground beef, turkey or venison (I used ground venison)
15 oz organic tomato sauce
1 cup organic ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Hamburger buns, to serve ( I made my own from scratch as you can see in the photo above. Recipe found HERE )

 

Directions:

-Brown ground meat along with onions and pepper. 

-Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.

-Drain meat if needed and return to heat.

-Add remaining ingredients, stirring until combined.

-Season with salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened.

-Remove from heat and serve on buns.


Leftovers can be kept in airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days. Very delicious as leftovers..

Printable Recipe Found HERE

Comments

Popular Posts