Wifey Wednesday~Awaken Love?

Wednesday

For this week's Wifey Wednesday Meme, you can go to:
Love, Honor & Vacuum for more details about this.

I would recommend to go to the link above and read what she has to say so you can better understand my anwer to the following question..

Do you have any tips on how to "awaken love"? What has worked for you?

There are many things that have awakened the love for my husband over the years. First, was to stop always thinking about myself. What am I going to get out of this? I did at one time think that intimacy was a chore but I've learned to grow closer to my husband by growing closer to God. The eye opener was when I realized that my past played a huge part in why I thought that..

I did not get taught the importance of marriage on the intimate level so I thought it was part of the cleaning the house and taking care of the kids chore! At one point it truly felt that way with my first marriage and that set the seed for my future beliefs of intimacy. I was young and also was pressed upon me that is was demanded of me to be intimate and it was not for me at all to enjoy! Over time, I realized that this was wrong and it was meant as a joy from God himself so my selfishness faded and my desire to please my husband kicked in and with that, came a lot more positive feelings towards him.

I would also have to say that doing the Love Dare book and also reading Love and Respect really helped me focus on his needs. It changed how I looked at him.. I was also able to see how important it is to treat your spouse with respect. How important it is to allow him to feel special without expectations or demands.. What an eye opener it was to go through that. Our marriage is much stronger and my desire to be intimate with him has increased.

I think the most important thing I learned over the years as an adult, is that you can overcome your past, and also the negative memories you may have on anything including being intimate with your spouse. It will grow your marriage into what God designed it to be. The closer you grow together in Christ, the closer you will grow together as a couple. God designed us to be one together.. How powerful is that!

Comments

  1. That's wonderful that you prioritized intimacy in your marriage like that!

    And you proved something that I've long believed and written about: if we put our minds to it, our bodies will follow, because sex, for women, starts in the brain. If we're thinking it's just another task, or it's too much of a bother, we're not going to enjoy it.

    Thanks for participating in Wifey Wednesday, and for your great post!

    Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!

Popular Posts