Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

All About Running

I'm really happy with my progress in running. I've mentioned before that I started last December 2010 but had an injury that stopped me from running for about 3 months. End of March until mid June. I've been improving on time and distance and can now run more than 3 days a week without feeling pain in my ankle.


Back in October I did a 3.5 mile race called What Women Want Fun Run.. You can read about my post HERE. I wanted to know how far I've come since then so I chose to run 3.5 miles today to see what my time was. Back in October at the race my time was 49:59. Today I ran 3.85 miles so a little more than the race and did it in 38:10.. This is quite the improvement.


I am also working on interval running. Back in October I was only running about 4.8 mph. Now I can easily run 5.5 mph and more depending on the day... (smiles)... With my interval running I start out at 5.5 mph on the treadmill, I run regular for 2/10th of a mile, then 1/10th of a mile I speed it up to 6.2 mph. Then go back to 5.5 mph. I do this for a mile. Somedays it feels great to really stretch your legs on the 6.2 mph like I did today. A couple days ago that was very hard. I guess I'm starting to get used to it. I just needed to change up my running so I am always improving and never staying stagnant.


Not sure when I'll be able to run a marathon but I'd like to do that someday.. Right now my goal is to run a 10K.. I'm working towards that now. I have been able to run 4 miles which is a huge improvement over a short period of time. My next race in March will be a 4 mile race so that's what I'm training for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!