God is Good!

Yesterday I was in a little funk. The one where you spend too much time thinking about things that are literally out of your control. Well some of my thoughts were that. One in particular was me spending too much time thinking about politics. How America is the way it is now. How depressing it is to hear how the President isn't helping our economy and we are getting farther and farther into debt and we've all turned a blind eye to most of what is going on in the White House. That, and the 2nd Ammendment getting hammered. Just to name a few.
 
I've spent a lot of time on Facebook lately voicing my opinions on these topics and it really didn't surprise me that I didn't make fast friends with a few people that don't see my point of you. That's fine.. We are all able to voice our opinions and I gladly listen to all ways of thinking regarding politics and our economy. I did decide two days ago that I had to let this go. It was bothering me. I was thinking too hard on it, and my thoughts in the scheme of things really didn't matter as I'm one lonely American in a land FULL of us. I really need to let it go and give it to God. Pray about it more than spending time ranting.. So that is what I'm doing with this..
 
It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder. I know that the issues are still there of course, but I'm not worrying about it so much that I'm losing sleep over what America has become and what my children and grandchildren get to inherit. I got mad awhile ago hearing a friend tell me to let God handle it.. That if He wants all this to happen, then it will. I had a tough time believing that He wanted us to just sit back and allow our nation to crumble. I think what she was saying is that it's not our individual fight to save America. We need to place our burdens at the feet of the cross and that's what I need to do.
 
This wasn't the only reason I was feeling blue though. I posted yesterday on friendships and really desiring one or two that I can call a true friend. One that I can call upon when I'm blue. It saddened me that I felt like I didn't have one of those, until the phone rang. I picked it up and it was one of my long lost friends I knew when living in WA. What she said to me was exactly what I needed to hear and it had to come from God. She shared that I was in her thoughts lately and she needed to call and chat. A God miracle! What an absolute blessing her phone call did for me. I tried sharing how blessed I was and I'm still not sure how important at that moment it was to hear what she told me.
 
Two hours talking like old girlfriends.. Oh that felt wonderful. Two women sharing and caring. I miss this and I'm so blessed that God showed me today that I DO have that kind of friendship, I just wasn't looking in the right places.. This is just the thing I needed from God. That little nudge to show that He truly cares for me.. and that I have others that care for me too..It was a good day afterall! Praise God!!

Comments

Popular Posts