S is For Simplify

blogging through the alphabet sm. 
 
Blogging through the Alphabet
 
Click on the picture above or go to Ben and Me website HERE to get more info on how you can join in...

S is for Simplify

This word has been my 'motto' for several years. After over committing myself years ago with volunteer work, co-ops, field trips and homeschooling, I knew I needed to let go of a lot of things and get back to the basics.

What I tell myself every time something comes up.. "Will this complicate my life or simplify it?"

If it does at stress or more work than I can handle, I say no. Simple..

Years ago when I implemented simplifying my life, I went room to room and cleaned, and organized everything. If it didn't have a home, or I hadn't touched it in more than 6 months, I got rid of it. By either selling it, giving it away, throwing it away or donating it.

Labeling became my friend in all my cabinets outside my kitchen. What a time saver that has been for me. I organized my kitchen cabinets and drawers as well. No more clutter drawers. Things are nicely tucked away in drawer organizers to keep things from shuffling around.

Simplifying my life has opened up so many opportunities that I just didn't have before. I can now crochet, make more greeting cards, spend time in the kitchen which is my new love.. and be able to be around my family and not stress over a schedule of events to go here or there..

Have you simplified your life? I'd love to hear what you've done to get your life less cluttered..

Comments

Popular Posts