Egglo Entertainment-Glow in the Dark Eggs Review



Egglo Review
As a part of the Homeschool Review Crew, Egglo Entertainment sent me a dozen Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs, The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure, The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure (book audio download), Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls,  and  The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Program Guide  to use with my family.

Egglo Review

The curriculum concept is designed and geared towards churches, youth groups and co-ops. The suggestions in the downloadable Adventure Program Guide gives many suggestions on how to implement all of these wonderful resources into a fun event for kids.

We chose to use this in our home since I don't run or volunteer for any large groups. With my three children I broke up the event into two days.

The first day we read the book The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure out loud together as a family. The story takes you on a journey to far away lands to explore, for the three children to work together and overcome some of their own personal obstacles along the way. A great Bible lesson for all aged children. We then discussed the questions that the The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Program Guide gave as a suggestion. Since I was making this event for three kids and not a large group, I picked two activities from the guide to do with them before we did the glow in the dark Easter hunt.

Here below is one of the activities I chose to do which is working on the memory verse they suggested. Taking balloons and writing a word on each one, then mixing them up, and having my kids put them back in order. They suggested stomping them out, but I chose to time them and see how fast they could put the verse in order after me reading it aloud just once. They had a blast trying to put it together.

 photo 008_zps57beb5b0.jpg




A video of my children gathering the balloon scripture after I read it aloud to them twice

After playing the balloon game I decided to use their discussion cards from the guide. They suggest to use them while the kids are hunting eggs but felt that would not be a good time to really focus on the questions since they would be preoccupied by hunting the eggs.

The questions were a great source for conversation. Some questions include "How did you first learn about Jesus?, and Who is the light of the world? I love the question "Who can you tell about Jesus? giving them an opportunity to think outside of themselves to find a friend/neighbor to introduce the Lord to them, invite them to church or youth group.

We received as part of the review a package of 12  Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls. I put one in each of the Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs. I put all 12 of the Easter eggs in the window of my office for the day to charge them before the hunt. Since it was cloudy and raining, I switched them to a lamp for a bit longer all the way up until it was time to hide them.

While waiting for night fall, we gathered for a snack that was suggested in the guide. It's called "Light of the world snack" Including pretzel, marshmallow, whipped cream and colored sprinkles. The kids assembled it and we answered five questions that went with the snack and why we were making it..

 photo 017_zps7d5eebde.jpg

I also printed out a coloring sheet for my two youngest that is a drawing from the The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure. I told them they could color this later after the hunt was completed.

Egglo Review

Since we received a dozen eggs I felt it wasn't enough to take them outside and have three kids search for just 12. Egglo Entertainment website gave a suggestion to do a Scavenger Hunt. When I saw this, I thought WOW, this is awesome. It will allow them to think through each clue, will be able to keep the eggs contained in the house since it's still pretty cold here in Montana right now and will prolong the egg hunt.

The clues are bible scriptures and has a highlighted "key" word to show where the egg is hidden in the home. I had to tweak it to fit my house and situation so I ended up finding some new scriptures.

 photo 009_zps0fea5692.jpg 

Starting by handing them a scripture that brings them to the Word of God (the Bible) where they will then find a new scripture and then the hunt is on. Each scripture will lead them to another clue and an egg filled with a scripture scroll. At the end of the line, they find the last egg, along with some yummy candy to share!

I do want to post about the eggs after I charged them for the day. I tried charging it in the window but felt since it was cloudy and raining today it wouldn't work best so I switched to my light in the living room all the way up until it was time to hunt like I mentioned before in the review. I was a little disappointed with how dim they were when they glowed. Some were hard to see and the kids noticed the shape more than them glowing. I'm wondering if I charged them wrong or if the fact the sun wasn't out today made a difference? It wasn't much of a big deal though as the kids were really focused on the scripture clues and running around with their flashlights to pay much mind to it so they had a blast regardless. I hope to use them next month for Easter and hopefully we'll have a sunny day to charge them before we hunt.

The prices for the items I received to review are as follows:

*Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs ($11.99)
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure ($12.99)
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure (book audio download) ($2.99)
*Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls ($4.29)
*The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Program Guide ($14.99)

This product could easily adapt to all ages levels, but it's ideal for ages 4-13.

I used it with all three of my children ages 12, 15, and 19 and they enjoyed all aspects of what we did. My middles child thought this would of been too simple to hunt outside but when I introduced the scavenger hunt he was all in.. Loved every minute of it..

If you'd like to purchase these wonderful eggs and extra resources for your family or church you can at their website Egglo Entertainment.

If you are looking for more information about these wonderful glow in the dark eggs, you can check out other crew members reviews of this product in the banner below. Just click it and it will take you to a list of others that have had the opportunity to use this product in their homes.

Click to read Crew Reviews

Check out this company on these social media sites:


Crew Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts