X is for eXamining Our Priorities


blogging through the alphabet sm. 

 Click on the picture above or go to Ben and Me website HERE to get more info on how you can join in...

 X is for eXamining Our Priorities

This has been a very interesting month. With taking an unplugged challenge from media consumption, it's really allowed me time to put my priorities in the right place. To examine what is important and what is not.

Over the past few years after giving myself a word for the year, my first choice was Simplify and that was the beginning of my life as a simple girl. Deciding what was important and what needed to go.

Some areas that I've found that need some tweaking are:

Computer Time
After taking a month off from social media and surfing the net, I've come to realize the importance of using the computer as a tool and not an appendage. Once our fast is over on April 1st, I plan to utilize the internet more for important tasks and less on fruitless ventures. I'll be limiting my time on social media and maybe even eliminating some all together.

Family Time
The best gain after our media fast is growing closer to my children and husband. We've now established a wonderful healthy routine of actually wanting to be together. I know huh? Teenagers wanting to hang with the old folks.. wink wink... Playing games together has been a wonderful thing to do together as a family and once our area warms up more outside I can't wait to do more hiking and bike as a group.

Home Life:
It's Spring cleaning time at my house. The itch to go back through ALL the closets, nooks, crannies, drawers, and cupboards and purge more stuff. The more that's purged and the less stuff we have the easier our lives get. I feel like we can eliminate more items including video games, and movies. After we've unplugged for the month and really took into account what we were watching either by video games, movies or TV shows, we now have a better understanding of what is healthy and what is not. So with that, I need to get rid of some more stuff to bring our lives in accordance to God's Word. I've also just went through our curriculum and await a post here soon of all that I'm selling... 

Stay tuned for a five day blog hop that I'm participating in through the Schoolhouse Crew. My posts will be on 5 Days to Organizing House and School.. April 7-11

Come back. You don't want to miss it!

Faith Life:
After almost 7 years of attending a church here in town, I felt God leading me elsewhere. We took a few months away from church all together and God was tugging on my heart last month telling me to get up and get back in the saddle. We've found a church that we really like. We've been attending for the past month and love the messages that we receive each week. I look forward to returning each Sunday. Along with weekly church services, I am continuing to take my boys to their weekly youth group and I'm reading the Bible in 90 Days until the first week of June, when I'll be completing the reading plan. I would like to implement more bible study time with the family. Over the past month we've been slowing adding that to our daily talks. Even having a bible challenge the other day. One of asking a question about the Bible and then having someone see if they know the answer without looking it up. I'm so blessed to hear both my boys tell me the answers with little thought, having the Word of God placed in their hearts. We have a game called Bible Cranium. Haven't opened it yet but look forward to playing this game in our future game nights..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring will eventually make it's way to Montana. It's almost here but not quite yet so with warmer weather means outdoor activities and chores so I'm looking to re-evaluate the interior before the exterior (grass grows, planter boxes needing built etc) needs attention... After simplifying my life over the years, it's allowed more room to remodel our home. In 2013, we've had the opportunity to remodel our dining room, kitchen, and paint our living room and homeschool room. 

This year, I've started on the laundry room and want to complete this room along with the three bathrooms to finalize them with new flooring. Once everything else is in it's place and I've went through the house to purge more items, I can get to work on the remodel.

All in all, I've come to realize that the most important two priorities are God and family. The rest will fall into place as God sees fit..

Comments

Popular Posts