One Word 2015

It's that time of year again. The time to choose my one word that I will focus on for the next year.. 2015. 

I've been living by the One Word approach since 2011 when my first word was Simplify. 2012 was Balance, and 2013 was Renew. Now hitting my fifth year, I really feel these words each year have truly helped form the person I am today.

One Word 2015


For 2015 my chosen word is STRENGTH.

I chose this word for several reasons. Physical and Mental. I've struggled since puberty with a self image issue. I've never liked myself physically and even though I was never overweight as a child, I never felt like I was good enough. After having three children and yo yo of weight off and on because of it, that self image problem just got worse in my head. Always worrying about what the scale said and basing my mood for the day on if it was a good number verses a bad one.

Too many years I've wasted worrying about my weight so this year my focus will be on my Strength. How far can I go physically to be stronger this year. Not worrying about how much my body weighs but how much I can lift, how far I can run, how long can I exercise to name a few. 

I'm also focusing on the strength of my will power. My strength as a mother. My strength as a wife. My emotional and spiritual strength. My strength to keep fighting for healthy food to eat, and the strength to train my children to be all they can be in their lives while having the strength to be there for all my family.

I look forward to seeing this word in action in my life this coming year.

Do you have a ONE WORD that helps you each year? I'd love to hear it.. Thanks for stopping by..

Comments

Popular Posts