Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Friday, July 22, 2016

4th of July Camp Patriot Fun Run

Back in mid May I saw an advertisement for a new race here in my town. I was excited to do something different. Camp Patriot Fun Fun 5K.. Celebrating on the 4th of July by supporting disabled vets in America.. I was in.. Paid my fee and awaited the day of the race..

Less than two weeks before the race I got a phone call from the director of Camp Patriot letting me know the race was canceled because I was the ONLY one that signed up. Yep, the only one. I was completely shocked. They wouldn't refund my money since they sent me my shirt and goodies so I decided to put together my own race in lieu of this one being canceled.

I started contacting friends and made a Facebook Event as well as contacting the local homeschool community to spread the word. Six days later, on 4th of July we had 27 people participate in a race that was originally just me. I was so excited!

 photo LDBG Camp Patriot Fun Run_zpsizkmudxd.png

My friends came out to support me as well as the homeschool community.. It was a truly blessed day enjoying the day of America's birth..

 photo LDB Run Collage_zpsus814ome.png


I have decided to organize next year's Camp Patriot 5K Fun Run.. Looking forward to doing this again next year and with more time I hope the outcome is double or even triple.. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!