4th of July Camp Patriot Fun Run

Back in mid May I saw an advertisement for a new race here in my town. I was excited to do something different. Camp Patriot Fun Fun 5K.. Celebrating on the 4th of July by supporting disabled vets in America.. I was in.. Paid my fee and awaited the day of the race..

Less than two weeks before the race I got a phone call from the director of Camp Patriot letting me know the race was canceled because I was the ONLY one that signed up. Yep, the only one. I was completely shocked. They wouldn't refund my money since they sent me my shirt and goodies so I decided to put together my own race in lieu of this one being canceled.

I started contacting friends and made a Facebook Event as well as contacting the local homeschool community to spread the word. Six days later, on 4th of July we had 27 people participate in a race that was originally just me. I was so excited!

 photo LDBG Camp Patriot Fun Run_zpsizkmudxd.png

My friends came out to support me as well as the homeschool community.. It was a truly blessed day enjoying the day of America's birth..

 photo LDB Run Collage_zpsus814ome.png


I have decided to organize next year's Camp Patriot 5K Fun Run.. Looking forward to doing this again next year and with more time I hope the outcome is double or even triple.. Woo Hoo!

Comments

Popular Posts