Chocolate Toffee Banana Muffins

I was making banana chocolate chip muffins the other day and realized I didn't have enough chocolate chips to do the amount of muffins I wanted.. I rummaged through my cupboard and saw that I had two bags of Heath English Toffee Bits for future cookies. I thought, okay.. I will give this a try and OH, so glad I did.. They are absolutely DELICIOUS!

I have to share so here goes....


 photo untitled_zpsiuhnfyk1.png

Chocolate Toffee Banana Muffins

Ingredients Needed:

3 Ripe Bananas
2/3 cup oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Unbromated Flour
1/2 cup Organic Sugar
2 TBS Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 TBS Aluminum Free Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
8 oz Heath English Toffee Bits Bag

Directions:

Preheat oven 425 degrees

Combine egg, oil, bananas, and vanilla together in small bowl

In large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt 

Stir in wet ingredients with dry ingredients until completely combined. (I use my KitchenAid mixer for all steps)

Fold in toffee bits then spoon even batter into prepared muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.

Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. (My brand new oven cooks these just perfect at 19 minutes)

This recipe should yield a minimum of a dozen.. I triple this recipe and have more than three dozen muffins when I'm done!


Here is a PRINTER FRIENDLY Version.. ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts