Phase 2 NRA Pistol Shoot Completed

For a couple weeks I've been taking an online course from the N.R.A called Basic Pistol Shooting. Since I got my conceal carry I wanted to be more knowledgeable with my weapon before carrying it on my person. This first phase taught me a lot. Everything I will need to know about the basics of pistols including semi auto and revolver, including taking it apart to cleaning it.

I 'graduated' this course online back on Thursday and then everyone in the group met up for Phase 2 of the course.. Hands on shooting. In order to pass this phase you needed to complete the Red Achievement Target. Get 5 shots into each of the red circles at 10 feet.

 photo gun collage_zpsus62oaz8.png


Since this was my 4th time shooting my gun and it's been a good couple months since I've taken it out of my drawer, I did really well.. After all the techniques I learned including form, the fundamentals of shooting and positioning, I am now loving my gun. I thought I was going to have to get another one and after taking this course, I am in love with it all over again..

I passed the Red Test and have completely passed Phase 2 of this course. I do have the opportunity to try for the White and Blue Targets. White at 15 feet and Blue at 20 feet to advance my skills and training. I look forward to doing that in the coming month!

If you'd like to learn more about the N.R.A Training Courses they have online check out the link HERE

You don't need to be a member to take any of these classes..

Comments

Popular Posts