Day 3-4 October Unprocessed

Days 3 and 4 were very productive with some easy to make dinners and one dessert/snack. I am trying new recipes this month hoping to spur my taste buds to try new things and ingredients. Lately with me working full time we've been rotating through about 10-12 different meals so it's been pretty mundane and boring. I just found out that my hours will be lightened up for the next couple weeks. No more overtime so I will be having more time to be in my kitchen.

So with no further ado, I made these yummy muffins with some leftover bananas I had. Trying to stick with the try new recipes approach I found this delicious Banana Oat Muffin recipe that uses less flour than the original banana muffin recipe I usually use and instead of sugar it uses brown sugar. Only 177 calories per muffin and with the oats, it's filling and kept me satisfied all the way until lunchtime without the need to snack in between.


You can make these delicious Banana Oat Muffins yourself by visiting this link HERE to get full recipe. I added a cup of chocolate chips to add a little sweetness to them. I used 60% Caco and not semi sweet.


I did a traditional dinner for Day 3. Made turkey tacos with all the basic toppings. Green Onions, Lettuce, Tomato and light on the sour cream and cheese. I added steamed zucchini for a side dish and served on a whole wheat organic tortilla.


Tonight's dinner: Day 4 I wanted to try homemade sloppy joe's. I dislike using the canned sauce as it tends to have nothing but added yuck and of course it's all processed so it's a no go. This sloppy joe recipe was not only delicious but was super simple to make. The time consuming thing here was just browing the meat. Add all the remaining ingredients, simmer to warm and served it on my homemade hamburger buns. You can get the recipe for the buns HERE.

Sloppy Joe recipe can be found HERE with all the ingredients and step by step instruction.

Tomorrow's meal will be a crockpot dish as I work late. Look forward to sharing on Day 6.. See you then!

Comments

Popular Posts