Temperature Blanket- Let's Get Started

I have been wanting to complete a crocheted temperature blanket for a few years. Before hand I was a bit intimidated by the daily need to stitch a row for an entire year. Well after completing a year long goal of running/walking 2,017 miles in 12 months I knew I could accomplish this task.

The New Year is in just two days so have to get everything ready and organized to make this year long goal a success. I did my research on how others did their blankets. I didn't want to make this overly complicated or overly expensive with too many yarn colors to choose from.

I decided on doing 12 to represent the bitter cold and the heat that Montana brings us each year.


These above are the colors I chose for my blanket. I wasn't too fond of the reds and purples that most used to represent the temperatures. I wanted to be able to look at the blanket at year's end and not want to tuck it away somewhere unused because I didn't like the colors it was made of. I am more of a neutral kind of girl. Earthy colors. I added the blue tones because every time I think of the bitter cold that we are currently experiencing here in Montana (-12 right now) I think of icicle blues.. So thought that was fitting.

Most have done single rows representing the days high. I plan on making granny squares of each day to represent that days high temperature instead of single rows. I think the blanket will come out better in the end and more eye appealing.

I have found a neat chart where I can log my daily highs so I can make my granny squares once a week so I am not tied down to doing it every single day since I work a full time job and homeschool my youngest still.

You can venture over to Magnolia Tree website to check out their downloadable chart so you too can get started in the New Year..

I purchased two skeins of each color and wrote down each color and lot # in case I need to purchase more. Now just need to find a really nice basket to stand the yarn I am currently using upright so I can easily get to it each week.

Are you making a temperature blanket in 2018? Would love to hear from you on your ideas! Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts