Bloomsday 2019 Registered

I have been setting up and registering for races that are out of State for this year as I plan my training for my half marathon which is out of state as well.


I registered for the 2019 Bloomsday Race in Spokane WA. I live in Montana so this is a six hour drive for me. My Mom lives nearby so it gives me an excuse to visit her and see how she is doing now that she is alone after my father passed away this past July 2018.

I ran this race once before in 2017 as part of my 1st half marathon training. I fell just 2 weeks before this race and did a number on my knee. I was super happy that I was able to make it as I thought I wasn't. I really enjoyed running this race. The size of this one compared to what I am used to in Montana is huge. I wasn't used to it but loved it all the same.



I was part of the Orange group starting. They split you up according to how long you believe you will take to cross the finish line. I estimated 1 hour 30 min so I got the this group to start. A local friend joined the race with me and she snapped this photo before the race started above. We didn't end up running together since I was a little faster than her but we met up at the end to celebrate. It was awesome.



A cool feature that I am not used to is they take pictures while your running. These were the best ones of me running. Top one is me crossing the finish line. I am the one to the left of the guy in the burgundy shirt wearing the gray hat, black leggings. Crossed at 1hour 33minutes so I was super happy with my results.


This is a 12K. 7.46 miles and in the course there is hills. The best is Doomsday Hill and they call it that for a reason. They even time you on how long it takes for you to reach the top from the bottom. I am here on the left with gray hat with sunglasses on top. 23216.

I am looking forward to running this again and see if I can chisel off that 3 minutes and make it at 1hour 30 min. We will see. The date is set. MAY 5th.. Can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts