One Mile at a Time...



Day One.. January 1st, 2020......

Can you believe we are already in the year 2020! WOW! As you get older it seems time just passes you by. I can't believe I joined this challenge for the first time back in 2017. Three whole years ago. It doesn't seem like it. I wish I kept at it for 2018 and 2019 but I had a full time job and very little time to exercise like I wanted too.

This year is different. Regardless of how much work my business gives me I am going to chisel out time each day to make running/walking and working out a priority.

I got 5.75 miles in today. It started raining a bit just as my husband and I were heading out so we ended up walking the mall because I couldn't bare jumping on the treadmill. 

It was a great first day of the challenge. I got my husband to commit to the entire 5.75 miles which he was originally saying he would only do up to 3 so bonus points for that one! I almost have him committed to walk/run half the miles. He doesn't want to officially sign up which is okay since I do plan to complete ALL 2,020 miles solo. It would be nice if he would join me a couple days a week because I love to workout with him. Helps pass the time and he IS pretty amazing. (wink wink)

GOALS with this Challenge:

Weight Loss:
My goals are to lose the weight I gained after I left my full time job at Hobby Lobby back in November 2018. When working I was on my feet moving, lifting, climbing, bending for 8-12 hours each day so weight gain really wasn't an issue. Plus I had little time to actually eat when working so didn't have weight issues. It was when I came home and was near food all day, and a bit more sedentary. I did workout but nothing like when I was working so the weight slowly came back.

I was 126 lbs when I completed the 2017 challenge. Over this time period I gained to 146 lbs so I have a total of 20 lbs to lose if I want to get back to that number. Right now I was super happy, comfortable in my own skin at 130 lbs. I am only 5' 2" so I really have to keep my weight at bay because it doesn't take much to be considered overweight. 

Fitness:
Moving is really important to me. I dislike being sedentary. I let go of caffeine a couple months ago because it was causing heart palpitations. So it's even more important to be moving because I need the natural energy to get me going each day because I am without artificial stimulants. I know 5.5 miles a day is a lot so when I can I want to add weight lifting. I have been carrying 2 lb hand weights when I run lately to help with my upper body and core. It's amazing! I add ankle weights when on the treadmill because they are too bulky to wear outside...

Running:
Running goals. With the weight gain, came a slower pace per mile. I was doing really well with an 11 min mile, now I am struggling with a 12:30 mile. So working out everyday with alternating walking and running every other day will help improve my time and as the weight comes off I am sure that will encourage some more speed. My goal this year is to find some races throughout the state to participate in. This will help my desire to travel and give me something else to work towards. My town doesn't have many races and when they do the courses are close to the same so it would be amazing to try different areas. I am hoping to pick at least 6 to participate in. I am still on the fence whether I will participate in the Bloomsday Race in Spokane, WA again this year. I wasn't really prepped for it this past year so it was a struggle to get the 7.47 miles in with a decent time. Also, my mother no longer lives in the area as she moved to be closer to my brother in Western WA this past month so we will see......

Have you set a New Years fitness goal? I would love to hear from you... Leave a comment below or come join the discussion on my Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/ladybugchronicles.

Comments

Popular Posts