Parade of Lights

Each year since I moved to Montana I've attended the Parade of Lights. This is an evening parade showcasing floats, cars etc decorated in Christmas lights. No matter the temps, I'm always there, because I love Christmas lights.. Two years ago the temperature outside was 4 degrees and it didn't stop me from attending. That was also the year that we were photographed for the local newspaper all bundled up in blankets sitting on a bench ready to watch the parade..

 photo DSCF0154_zps6236a3b7.jpg
 
This was the first year that my hubby was able to attend. He's usually working when it happens so what a treat it was to be able to spend it with him and the kiddos!

 photo DSCF0160_zps3b62df3d.jpg
 
My oldest son and I posing before the parade starts..

 photo DSCF0162_zps448c7e98.jpg
 
Two things ring in the Christmas Season for me here in town. One.. This tow truck all decked out in lights, and Two.. the Parks and Recreation has a display of a Santa sitting on a riding lawn mower and the 'reindeer' lawn mowers with antlers all decked out in lights.. If you lived here in town, you'd think those two are important too.. wink wink!

 photo DSCF0168_zpsfa0653fb.jpg
 
To finish off the parade, we go down to the end of Central Ave to watch Santa wish on the City Tree and the lights all get turned on.. Can't go without getting a picture in front of it.. Love this time of year!

Comments

Popular Posts