Run The Year 2020 Challenge


I am super excited to participate for the second year with the Run the Year 2020 Challenge. I participated in this back in 2017 and saw so many positive results physically by year's end. During that time I trained for my half marathon. You can read about my half marathon adventure HERE.

Not sure I will make such a lofty goal of another half marathon, but I am planning to complete all 2,020 miles solo by running and walking. I am looking to add some local 5k and maybe 10k races to keep me motivated and hopefully find some nearby in adjacent cities to mix things up. 

What I love about this particular challenge is there is so much support and encouragement through the community via Facebook groups. This year there is more than just the main page but also one for each state and another group for those that are focusing on using this challenge for weight loss and health benefits.

The challenge starts tomorrow and I can't wait. I have put fitness on the back burner this past year after leaving my full time job at Hobby Lobby and then pursuing my photography business so this will allow me to think daily on how important it is to get and move each day! During this time I have put on an extra 15 lbs and thru the challenge these bad boys are history!

Let's do this! Do you have any New Year's Fitness goals? I would love to hear about them. 

Comments

Popular Posts