Homemade Laundry Soap

Almost 9 months ago I made some homemade laundry soap. It took that long for me to use it all up.. Talk about economical... Well it came time to where I needed to make a new batch. I was so happy that I found all the ingredients needed because the last batch I couldn't find a certain soap and had to substitute.. It still worked out well but I am glad I found what I needed for this batch since it lasts for so many months.
If you are looking to save money this is a great way to do so. I will never buy laundry soap again. For literally a penny a load it will clean your clothes like the expensive detergent.
I decided this was a good opportunity to teach my daughter how to live frugally. She helped me make the entire batch. We had a great time doing this together and she was so happy to help out and see the steps it took to make our own soap.
So do you want to make your own laundry soap.. Here is a step by step instructions with pictures below..
Photobucket
What you will need:
1 Fels Naptha Soap Bar
3/4 cup washing sods
3/4 borax powder
5 gallon bucket
cheese grater
Water- see directions
Directions:
Photobucket
Grate the soap and put in a sauce pan.
Photobucket
Add 18 cups of water and heat it until the soap melts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Add washing soda and the borax and stir until its dissolved. Remove from heat.
 
Pour 12 cups of hot water into the bucket.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Add your soap mixture and stir.
Photobucket
Add 3 gallons 6 cups of water and stir.
Let the soap sit for 24 hours and it will gel.
Photobucket
Use about 1/2 cup per load. I have a ladle and I fill it up half way and pour it in..

Comments

Popular Posts