Turkey Meatballs Recipe

These were a HUGE hit at our house. The kids just loved them. I served them with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans w/ onions..

Photobucket

Ingredients
1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs (Kikkoman brand was the only one I could find w/out added ingredients)
1 cup Organic Lowfat Plain Yogurt
2- 12 oz package Organic Ground Turkey, thawed
1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Soak breadcrumbs in yogurt for 10-15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly until combined.

2. Use damp hands to form mixture into 24 meatballs. Arrange them on the baking pan and bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing! I just came across this post tonight! Ironically, I just wrote about meatballs earlier this evening. Since beef makes me ill, I look forward to trying your recipe, but modifying it with mayo instead of yogurt since I am allergic to milk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds yummy w/ the mayo. Let me know how it turns out..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!

Popular Posts