Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Homemade Monthly Journal

Another wonderful find over at Pinterest. This time it's not food... I found a wonderful craft to make a monthly journal. That's what I call it and that's what I am going to use it for but she had it as a Gratitude Diary. You can check out what she did over HERE.


She doesn't have any pictures of how she put it together so I had to think outside the box and make mine the way that would work best for me. I was originally going to have it as a gratitude journal but I started it at the beginning of February so I was already a month into 2012. So I decided to use it to journal the things that we are doing, maybe add pictures, drawings, quotes, whatever strikes me.

Here's what I made....

Photobucket
This is the cover. I made it using foam board and scrapbook paper I had on hand.

Photobucket
Inside cover and back cover. I used different paper style that matched the color scheme but to make it a little different. I punched holes in the board and then put hole protectors around them.

Photobucket
Back Cover

Photobucket
My journal/diary is 5" x 7". The pages on the inside are cut up file folders. They are more sturdy than cardstock and you can get them in different colors. I picked mine up at Walmart for under $3.00.

Photobucket
I made the tabs using my Stampin Up Tabs Punch. Outlined it with a Sharpie and added the month.

Photobucket
The pages on the inside

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of this, but have found for me that I make them and forget about them (a little ADD here?) Hope you fill yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!