Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cupcake Tower

For my daughter's graduation I decided against making a cake and had cupcakes instead.. I didn't want them just sitting on the table for people to grab so I decided to make a cupcake tower. I looked around my house and online to see how I wanted to assemble this tower. I decided to use what I already owned. Cake plates and pedestal columns. 6", 8", 10", 12" and 14' cake plates
 
I purchased a roll of light blue tulle in the wedding aisle of Michaels and found some ready made silver bows in the dollar bin there as well. To cover the cake plates I went down the cake aisle and found a roll of plate foil..
 
 photo 006-2.jpg
 
Covered each plate with the foil and secured it on the bottom with lots of tape. I then unraveled the tulle and every so often twisted some thin wire and put a glue dot on that section to adhere it to the foil on the plate. I then added the silver bow on top so you didn't see the glue or wire underneath.. I did that for all 5 plates.
 
 photo 106.jpg
 
Here's the cupcake tower all set up on display at the grad party. I added a string of white flowers around the base to add depth and a 5 inch cake to the top cake plate. All of these plates held 70 cupcakes along with the 5 inch cake on top..
 
 photo 082-1.jpg
 
Here's a close up of the tower showing off the decorated plates with the pedestal columns supporting them up. The pedestal columns are the 5 inch tall ones to give enough room for the cupcake and the cupcake toppers I made for them.
 
 photo 081-1.jpg
 
Here is the cake topper I added. All of these items were found at Michaels and Party America.
 
This was posted on one of my other blogs. The reason behind the photos w/ a different name on them. They are my sole property and not for use by any other person without written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!