Homemade Cupcake Toppers

I am all about making my own things if I can. I couldn't find the perfect cupcake toppers for my daughter's cupcakes so I made them myself. I went into my PhotoShop program and found some clipart I liked. I made them into 1 inch circles with a blue border. This made it the perfect size for my 1 inch paper punch. I made them double sided. One side said #1 graduate and the other side said Class of 2013. I then printed all of these onto white cardstock and punched them all out..
 
I then took five different cardstock colors and equally divided them with the amount of cupcakes I was making for the party. We had 70 total. The colors matched the Spring colors theme we had. Pink, Yellow, Green, Purple, and Yellow
 
 photo 017.jpg
 
Here above is four that I made in the yellow color. I used a 1 1/4 inch scalloped paper punch to punch out the back. There were two of them per topper. I glued the scalloped paper back to back to the toothpick and then glued the designs. One on one side and the other on the other side..
 
 photo 003.jpg
 
 photo 004-1.jpg
 
Here above is what they looked like in the cupcake.. I had the cupcakes in the same colors and just switched them up so they didn't both match..
 
This was posted on one of my other blogs. The reason behind the photos w/ a different name on them. They are my sole property and not for use by any other person without written permission

Comments

Popular Posts