Gas Stove Covers Makeover

 I've lived in my home now for 6 yrs and have always disliked the look of my gas stove covers. They looked rusty and a need to be replaced, so I thought!

I came across a pin on pinterest not to long ago about how to clean these nasty things without breaking a sweat. I thought to myself, 'what do I have to lose'. Other than replacing them, so I gave it a try.
 
So what do you need to clean these things?
 
2-3 TBS of ammonia
zip lock bag that will fit each of your covers (total of 4)
 
 photo 008-2.jpg
 
Slide them into the bags after you pour 2-3 TBS of ammonia in them. Seal and walk away for at least 5 hours. I let mine soak overnight.
 
 photo 001-3.jpg
 
This is the drippings from one of my covers that was left in the bag after I pulled it out
 
 photo 011.jpg
 
After it soaked overnight, look at all the gunk that really stands out now.. ick...
 
 photo 003-1.jpg
 
Before- Yuck!
 
 photo 004-2.jpg
 
After-
After a little warm water and very minor rubbing. )Just to brush it all off) it looks like this now above! Can you say AMAZING!!! They look brand new..
 
 photo 006-1.jpg
 
Can you believe I was going to get rid of these and buy new ones. They look awesome now.. And it was so easy to do too..

This was posted on one of my other blogs. The reason behind the photos w/ a different name on them. They are my sole property and not for use by any other person without written permission 

Comments

  1. Wow...I was thinking the exact same thing. Now to try this out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!

Popular Posts