Christmas Cookie Basket

Every year since 2008, I've made a gift basket for my neighbors. As the years went on, I added more  neighbors and I'm now up to 9 houses.. Pretty much everyone that surrounds my house. Many are close friends and the others neighbors I look forward to getting to know better.
 
This year I thought I'd spice it up a little and put it in a basket and add a homemade ornament as a centerpiece. In years past I just placed the cookies/goodies on a plate and wrapped them.

 photo DSCF0281_zpsf77758ce.jpg

 photo DSCF0280_zpsf9e6330b.jpg
 
This year I also added a jar of homemade apple butter I made along with a variety of cookies and two mini loaves of chocolate bread wrapped in pretty waxed Christmas paper.. I then included a homemade Christmas card with a personal sentiment..
 
I had fun making these this year. Mainly because I help. My friend came over daily to help me bake, chat and enjoy each others company. Made the time pass quickly and in the end she didn't realize she was helping me make a basket for herself since she lives across the street.. hee hee!!
 
As a little added bonus this year, I also made a basket of goodies for our regular mailman. He works hard, especially from me as I don't ship my items from the Post Office.. I add postage here at the house and he picks it up for me.. He just spoke to my hubby today when dropping off a package and told hubby that his family LOVED the goodies.. So it looks like he'll be on my list for next year too.. wink!
 
Do you treat your neighbors with goodies for the Christmas Season? Would love to hear from you.. Leave a comment, if you post on your blog, share your link.. Look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Popular Posts