Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Back on 2013

Looking Back at 2013


It's that time, saying goodbye to another year and welcoming a new one. As I think upon my goals for 2014, I'm looking back on 2013.
 
It's been a very productive year for our family. I thought it would be nice to make a post highlighting some of the things that have happened in our life this past year...
 
January:
  • Started our home remodel. Wallpapered, painted kitchen.
  • Painted dining room
  • Added a few collections of family photos w/ new matching frames
  • Hubby celebrated his 40th birthday
 
February:
  • Put in new wood flooring in kitchen and dining room
  • Added wainscoting along with chair, crown and floor moulding to both kitchen/dining room
  • Added new door trim to four doors in kitchen/dining room area
  • Upgraded our interior windows with new trim and windowsills then covered with new homemade roman shades
 
March:
  • Painted homeschool room and living room.
  • Added new floor and crown moulding along with new door trim for three doors
  • Purchased a new entertainment center for living room
  • Added family photo collections with matching frames
  • Cleaned out homeschool room and added positive framed sayings to motivate learning
  • St. Patties Day Race- Ran this 5K without stopping. (1st time)
  • My son celebrates his 14th birthday and I make him a guitar/drum cake
  • My brother and his family come for a visit
  • Daughter purchased her first ever automobile- Mercury Villager. Paid Cash
 
April:
  • Chaperoned Spring Fling Homeschool Dance. My two oldest attended
  • Run for Boston- Local support for Boston Marathon Bombing
 May:
  • Daughter graduates homeschool high school
 
June:
  • Family Camp with some friends and their families for Father's Day weekend
  • Drove to California w/ my two boys, my brother and nephew for my Uncle Steve's funeral
 
July:
  • Celebrated 4th of July- made a yummy flag cake, enjoyed fireworks with friends
  • My friend Tara came up from California to visit family- I was able to visit her during her stay in Montana
 August:
  • I celebrated my 39th birthday w/ a fun BBQ w/ friends and neighbors
  • Painted/Stained kitchen cabinets and added new hardware to complete the kitchen remodel
  • 1st Day of a new school year with a College Freshman, High School Freshman and 6th Grader
 September:
  • Labor Day weekend took a trip to Idaho, camped with friends and went to Silverwood Theme Park 
October:
  • Daughter celebrates her 19th Birthday
  • Had our first snow storm before Halloween w/ over 6 inches of snow
  • Canned my first ever apple butter.. mmmmm....
November:
  • Brought home my first ever buck. 6 point Mule Deer
  • Hubby brought home his first mule buck.  9 point
  • Hubby and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary
  • Had Thanksgiving this year with friends and all my children were present...
  • Friend from out of town came for dinner with her daughter
  • Enjoyed the annual Parade of Lights Parade.
 December:
  • Celebrated my friend/neighbor's birthday by making her some cupcakes and having her over for dinner.
  • Had my first ever Christmas Party here at my house
  • Hubby was gone for three weeks to Yuma, Arizona for work
  • My youngest celebrated his 12th Birthday w/ a sleepover and I made him a Lego Cake
  • Record low temps in Montana for 9 straight days. Breaking three records of negative temps for highs plus being the coldest place on earth on one day
  • Enjoyed our firepit for the first time this year by making s'mores and inviting friends over
  • Enjoyed a simple Christmas with the kids and hubby
  • My wonderful friend made me a ladybug apron for cooking.. What a treasure!
 
I've joined in with my fellow crew members from The Schoolhouse Review Crew. Check out what others have done this past year by clicking HERE to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!