Looking Back on 2013

Looking Back at 2013


It's that time, saying goodbye to another year and welcoming a new one. As I think upon my goals for 2014, I'm looking back on 2013.
 
It's been a very productive year for our family. I thought it would be nice to make a post highlighting some of the things that have happened in our life this past year...
 
January:
  • Started our home remodel. Wallpapered, painted kitchen.
  • Painted dining room
  • Added a few collections of family photos w/ new matching frames
  • Hubby celebrated his 40th birthday
 
February:
  • Put in new wood flooring in kitchen and dining room
  • Added wainscoting along with chair, crown and floor moulding to both kitchen/dining room
  • Added new door trim to four doors in kitchen/dining room area
  • Upgraded our interior windows with new trim and windowsills then covered with new homemade roman shades
 
March:
  • Painted homeschool room and living room.
  • Added new floor and crown moulding along with new door trim for three doors
  • Purchased a new entertainment center for living room
  • Added family photo collections with matching frames
  • Cleaned out homeschool room and added positive framed sayings to motivate learning
  • St. Patties Day Race- Ran this 5K without stopping. (1st time)
  • My son celebrates his 14th birthday and I make him a guitar/drum cake
  • My brother and his family come for a visit
  • Daughter purchased her first ever automobile- Mercury Villager. Paid Cash
 
April:
  • Chaperoned Spring Fling Homeschool Dance. My two oldest attended
  • Run for Boston- Local support for Boston Marathon Bombing
 May:
  • Daughter graduates homeschool high school
 
June:
  • Family Camp with some friends and their families for Father's Day weekend
  • Drove to California w/ my two boys, my brother and nephew for my Uncle Steve's funeral
 
July:
  • Celebrated 4th of July- made a yummy flag cake, enjoyed fireworks with friends
  • My friend Tara came up from California to visit family- I was able to visit her during her stay in Montana
 August:
  • I celebrated my 39th birthday w/ a fun BBQ w/ friends and neighbors
  • Painted/Stained kitchen cabinets and added new hardware to complete the kitchen remodel
  • 1st Day of a new school year with a College Freshman, High School Freshman and 6th Grader
 September:
  • Labor Day weekend took a trip to Idaho, camped with friends and went to Silverwood Theme Park 
October:
  • Daughter celebrates her 19th Birthday
  • Had our first snow storm before Halloween w/ over 6 inches of snow
  • Canned my first ever apple butter.. mmmmm....
November:
  • Brought home my first ever buck. 6 point Mule Deer
  • Hubby brought home his first mule buck.  9 point
  • Hubby and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary
  • Had Thanksgiving this year with friends and all my children were present...
  • Friend from out of town came for dinner with her daughter
  • Enjoyed the annual Parade of Lights Parade.
 December:
  • Celebrated my friend/neighbor's birthday by making her some cupcakes and having her over for dinner.
  • Had my first ever Christmas Party here at my house
  • Hubby was gone for three weeks to Yuma, Arizona for work
  • My youngest celebrated his 12th Birthday w/ a sleepover and I made him a Lego Cake
  • Record low temps in Montana for 9 straight days. Breaking three records of negative temps for highs plus being the coldest place on earth on one day
  • Enjoyed our firepit for the first time this year by making s'mores and inviting friends over
  • Enjoyed a simple Christmas with the kids and hubby
  • My wonderful friend made me a ladybug apron for cooking.. What a treasure!
 
I've joined in with my fellow crew members from The Schoolhouse Review Crew. Check out what others have done this past year by clicking HERE to read more...

Comments

Popular Posts