It's that time, saying goodbye to another year and welcoming a new one. As I think upon my goals for 2014, I'm looking back on 2013.
It's been a very productive year for our family. I thought it would be nice to make a post highlighting some of the things that have happened in our life this past year...
- Started our home remodel. Wallpapered, painted kitchen.
- Painted dining room
- Added a few collections of family photos w/ new matching frames
- Hubby celebrated his 40th birthday
- Put in new wood flooring in kitchen and dining room
- Added wainscoting along with chair, crown and floor moulding to both kitchen/dining room
- Added new door trim to four doors in kitchen/dining room area
- Upgraded our interior windows with new trim and windowsills then covered with new homemade roman shades
- Painted homeschool room and living room.
- Added new floor and crown moulding along with new door trim for three doors
- Purchased a new entertainment center for living room
- Added family photo collections with matching frames
- Cleaned out homeschool room and added positive framed sayings to motivate learning
- St. Patties Day Race- Ran this 5K without stopping. (1st time)
- My son celebrates his 14th birthday and I make him a guitar/drum cake
- My brother and his family come for a visit
- Daughter purchased her first ever automobile- Mercury Villager. Paid Cash
- Chaperoned Spring Fling Homeschool Dance. My two oldest attended
- Run for Boston- Local support for Boston Marathon Bombing
- Daughter graduates homeschool high school
- Family Camp with some friends and their families for Father's Day weekend
- Drove to California w/ my two boys, my brother and nephew for my Uncle Steve's funeral
- Celebrated 4th of July- made a yummy flag cake, enjoyed fireworks with friends
- My friend Tara came up from California to visit family- I was able to visit her during her stay in Montana
- I celebrated my 39th birthday w/ a fun BBQ w/ friends and neighbors
- Painted/Stained kitchen cabinets and added new hardware to complete the kitchen remodel
- 1st Day of a new school year with a College Freshman, High School Freshman and 6th Grader
- Labor Day weekend took a trip to Idaho, camped with friends and went to Silverwood Theme Park
- Daughter celebrates her 19th Birthday
- Had our first snow storm before Halloween w/ over 6 inches of snow
- Canned my first ever apple butter.. mmmmm....
- Brought home my first ever buck. 6 point Mule Deer
- Hubby brought home his first mule buck. 9 point
- Hubby and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary
- Had Thanksgiving this year with friends and all my children were present...
- Friend from out of town came for dinner with her daughter
- Enjoyed the annual Parade of Lights Parade.
- Celebrated my friend/neighbor's birthday by making her some cupcakes and having her over for dinner.
- Had my first ever Christmas Party here at my house
- Hubby was gone for three weeks to Yuma, Arizona for work
- My youngest celebrated his 12th Birthday w/ a sleepover and I made him a Lego Cake
- Record low temps in Montana for 9 straight days. Breaking three records of negative temps for highs plus being the coldest place on earth on one day
- Enjoyed our firepit for the first time this year by making s'mores and inviting friends over
- Enjoyed a simple Christmas with the kids and hubby
- My wonderful friend made me a ladybug apron for cooking.. What a treasure!
I've joined in with my fellow crew members from The Schoolhouse Review Crew. Check out what others have done this past year by clicking HERE to read more...