Organizing Home & School- Recipe Binder


 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zpscf60cfb0.jpg

Organizing Your Home and School- Recipe Storage Binders

Day 1 of the Blog Hop begins with showing you how I organized my recipes. I've been printing recipes off the internet for sometime. Trying new things and before long, I found myself swimming with them. I thought I had them under control in a binder system I designed but when I started gathering more and more the categories I had were too broad and because of that, I spent more time looking for it in the binder than cooking the meal.

That brought me to designing this new system and I love it...

 photo 028_zps9ac57c0d.jpg

I found a 3" binder at Sam's Club. It was a two pack which worked out great because I have two binders to assemble. Since I have so many recipes I've decided to break them up. One binder which I'm sharing in this post is my Baking Recipes and the other is Cooking Recipes.

The cooking recipes include lunch, dinner, appetizers, condiments, and side dishes.

 photo 029_zps2132725c.jpg

 My baking recipe binder includes the categories that you see below.

Breakfast
Oats
French Toast
Waffles
Pancakes
Muffins- I've broken them down into four different categories since I have a lot of muffin recipes.
Cakes
Bread
Pies
Frosting
Scones
Cinnamon Rolls
Brownies
Desserts

 photo 030_zps7d8164cc.jpg

I made the tabs using Word Pad, and each is adhered using a piece of mailing tape. Everything is covered in a sheet protector and each tabbed protector includes a nice decorative scrapbook page for decoration. I have two recipes per sheet protector. Front and back in each category.

 photo 032_zpsa44d0bb8.jpg

I found most of my baking scrapbook paper at Ben Franklin's. They had a huge selection.

 photo 034_zpsc163bdd3.jpg

Here above you can see how I organized my cookbooks that I purchased. I have them in a nice wicker basket with my baking binder to the left and the container on the right is my 5 X 7 recipes that I purchased years ago as a set.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share how I organized my recipe binders. Stop by tomorrow to see how I organize our homeschooling supplies.. Until then....

 Don't forget to check out the other wonderful ladies that have participated in this week's Blog Hop to see what they've shared... I'm including 8 of the 60+ that are participating below.

Dawn @ Guiding Light Homeschool ~ Homeschooling with Excessive Energy
Lexi @ Lextin Academy ~ The Homeschool Dad, CEO
Cristi @ Through the Calm and Through the Storm ~ Homeschooling Thankfulness
Melissa @ Mom's Plans ~ Historical Field Trips
Karen @ Tots and Me ~ Making Geography Fun
Adena @ AdenaF ~ Mnemonics
Amy @ Homeschool Encouragement ~ Lego Learning
Erin @ For Him and My Family ~ Record Keeping

Comments

Popular Posts