Laundry Room Makeover Part 1

After a few months off from home remodel, I'm at it again. This time, the laundry room. Now that the dining room, living room, homeschool room and kitchen are done (minus kitchen countertops), it's time to start on the next room.

I've had ideas floating in my head for sometime on how I wanted to update the laundry room. I decided to start with the flooring and then work on updating the walls with fresh paintable wallpaper, crown molding, floor molding and chair molding. I will also add some new door molding to the four doors that are in this room. 

Adjacent to the laundry room is the guest bathroom. I'm also in the process of adding the flooring to this room and will be doing the same things in there as the laundry room.

We purchased a linoleum floating floor. It's so nice, warm on the feet and absolutely beautiful. I'm in love with it!

Below is some BEFORE and AFTER photos of the flooring in the laundry room

 photo 008_zps989d88ed.jpg

BEFORE

 photo 004_zps2a838cba.jpg

AFTER

 photo 011_zps5ba16586.jpg

BEFORE

 photo 005_zpsbd95e0d9.jpg

AFTER

 photo 012_zps6109bd62.jpg

BEFORE

 photo 006_zps8192b0fe.jpg

AFTER

Now that this floor is completed, I'm just finishing up the bathroom floor and will then work on the walls by adding wallpaper and go from there with all the trim.

This is the first time I've ever installed flooring in my life. It was a challenge at first but after I got down the pattern, it was fairly easy and I really enjoyed watching the room transform.. 

I look forward to sharing my picture series as I continue to work along in the laundry room. Next stop wallpaper and paint.

Comments

Popular Posts