Copyright Protected © 2008-2017

© 2008-2017. All content is copyrighted to Ladybug Chronicles and may not be reproduced or copied in any way without written permission from blog owner.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sloppy Joes From Scratch Recipe

 photo 005_zpsb92edbb7.jpg

I just recently came across a delicious Sloppy Joe recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

I changed mine up a little because I was missing an ingredient that she asked. Mine came out beautifully and this will definitely be the recipe I use from now on.

She mentions it yields 4-6 servings but my family of 5 ate it and I still have quite a bit left over for some sandwiches for lunch so I changed the yield amount on the printable recipe found HERE

Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:


1 medium organic onion, diced
1 organic green pepper, diced
4 organic garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds grass fed ground beef, turkey or venison (I used ground venison)
15 oz organic tomato sauce
1 cup organic ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Hamburger buns, to serve ( I made my own from scratch as you can see in the photo above. Recipe found HERE )

 

Directions:

-Brown ground meat along with onions and pepper. 

-Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.

-Drain meat if needed and return to heat.

-Add remaining ingredients, stirring until combined.

-Season with salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened.

-Remove from heat and serve on buns.


Leftovers can be kept in airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days. Very delicious as leftovers..

Printable Recipe Found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a commment. I love hearing from you. Many blessings to you!