Bible in 90 Days in Review- Days 36-42




Finished up the sixth week of Bible in 90 Days.. We are getting closer to the finish line....
Can you believe we are almost at the half way point already? Isn't that exciting...

How did your reading go?
Did you give yourself time each day to read, or did you get behind?

----------------------------------------------

 Haven't started reading yet? No problem... You can start right now by going to the GETTING STARTED Link below... If you have already started your Bible in 90 Days journey I would love to have you join me. You can find your place and follow along right where you are at the following links:

GETTING STARTED
Days 1-7 Review
Days 8-14 Review
Days 15-21 Review

It's never too late to start reading.. Today could be your day...

--------------------------------------------------------

This week's reading was in Esther, Job and Psalms.......

I love the book of Esther.. Hearing of her becoming the Queen and then ultimately helping her people from death. Powerful story in such a short book.  Even though Mordecai would never kneel for the King, he did end up being honored for helping to uncover Bigthana and Teresh, the kings' officers from conspiring to assassinate the King. Haman then tried to conspire to kill Mordecai, but it seems it backfired on him and was put to death on the pole that was originally put up for Mordecai..

The King after the help of Queen Esther was saved.. "Esther 8:11 "The king's edict granted the Jews in every city the right to assemble and protect themselves; to destroy, kill and annihilate the armed men of any nationality or province who might attack them and their women and children, and to plunder the property of their enemies."

We then move onto the book of Job. The theme of Job is about God's sovereignty and humanities struggle in the midst of suffering

It seems like Satan wanted to use him as an example. To show God that if those who followed Him suffered they were stray, and curse God. God allowed the suffering of Job.. In this book we hear the cries of his pain and suffering.

1st and 2nd Chapters is the introduction of Job's suffering. Job's purity and submission then onto Satan's proposition and God's permission.  Chapters 3-31 is the discussion of his suffering among his three friends...

Job says "If I have sinned, what have I done to you, you who see everything we do? Why have you made me your target? Have I become a burden to you? Why do you not pardon my offenses and forgive my sins?" Job 7:20-21

Job final words to his friends... "As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made my life bitter, as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, my lips will not say anything wicked, and my tongue will not utter lies. I will never admit you are in the right; till I die, I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my innocence and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live." Job 27: 2-6

Chapters 32-37 are the words of Elihu to Job and his three friends.  Job 37:5 "...he does great things beyond our understanding".

The Lord speaks in Chapters 38-41 Job 41:11 "Who has claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me."

The Epilogue, Chapter 42, is God's anger on Job's three friends and His blessing on Job.. 
Job 42:12 "The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the former part."

We finish off our reading this week in the book of Psalms.

Book 1 in Psalms is about humanity comparing the time of Genesis.

Psalms 1:1-2 "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night."

Book 2 comparing the time of Exodus. This book is about deliverance. Songs of David are throughout this book of Psalms..

Psalms 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Psalms 53:1 "The fool says in his heart, There is no God."

Book 3 compares Leviticus. These are a collection of Psalms of Asaph.

Psalms 86:5 "You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you."

"But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalms 86:15

We leave off this week's reading in the book of Psalms where we will continue next week's reading

------------------------------------------------

What a great sixth week of reading. A lot to take in and understand..

Answer some or all these questions to help you along the way. Comment below or join in on my Facebook page HERE where I post daily information regarding the Bible in 90 Days reading...

  • Did you agree or disagree with any of the discussions from Job's friends in the Book of Job?
  • How does God answer Job's questions?
  • Does God answer the way we would want to be answered? why or why not?
  • Was there any specific Psalm this week that stood out to you? Which one and why?


For Week 7 we will be finishing reading Psalms and read through Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs and Isaiah.

This Week's Reading:

Day 43: October 13:  Psalms 89:14- Psalms 108:13
Day 44: October 14:  Psalms 109:1- Psalms 134:13
Day 45: October 15:  Psalms 135:1- Proverbs 6:35
Day 46: October 16   Proverbs 7:1- Proverbs 20:21
Day 47: October 17:  Proverbs 20:22- Ecclesiastes 2:26
Day 48: October 18:  Ecclesiastes 3:1- Song of Songs 8:14
Day 49: October 19:  Isaiah 1:1- Isaiah 13:22

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK HERE


Comments

Popular Posts