New Year New Goals

Its 2017 already.. WOW! January 1st. I've been busy for the past couple months working on my weight loss goals (Sadly for the 2nd time this year) but I'm very motivated to get this weight forever under control and to make new goals for myself in 2017.

Over the past 2 1/2 months I've successfully shed 14 pounds and over 10 inches off my entire body. I'm not done yet though. I'd like to continue my weight loss until I reach 120 pounds. I have 13 pounds to go!

I'd like to share my photos of today which is my 'start' photo for 2017. This will be my before photo for my Run The Year 2017 Challenge that I've started which will take me until the end of this year to complete. I look forward to comparing this photo with the one I will take in December 2017.


I am taking this challenge seriously this year as I've stated in a post earlier this week. My goal is to complete at least half of the 2,017 miles and the other half will be shared with two of my friends as we've partnered up to take this challenge together.

I am now on my way to making goals along the way to help with this big one. Setting up races to keep me motivated and to keep me challenged. I am going to embark on my very first half marathon which will take place on May 21st of this year.. I now have a little over 16 weeks to prep my body and mind to conquer this goal.

We don't have a lot of races here in town that are more than a 5K. I will participate in those of course but want to maintain a challenge while training for my half. Here is the list of races I plan to participate in marking those that I've already signed up for!

Count Your Clover 5K- March 12th
Icebreaker 5 mile- April 23rd
Bloomsday, Spokane WA 7.47 miles- May 7th (Signed Up)
Buffalo Jump Half Marathon- May 21st (Committed)
Camp Patriot Fun Run 5K- July 1st (Organizing)
Rock the Clock (TBD)
Save the TaTa's 5K- July 21st
Kickin' Assphault 10K- August 19th
My Best Day 5K- September 10th
What Women Want 3.5 miles Fun Run- October 7th
Scheel's Pumpkin Run 5K- October 28th
Burn the Bird 10K- November 23rd

These are the races I'm looking to participate in and motivate me to keep running! Do you have any goals to get physically fit this year? Would love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts