Week 1: Run the Year 2017

Week 1 Run the Year 2017 in Review

I am a little behind in posting my first week in my Run 2017 Miles in 2017. I want to post weekly on my miles, any milestones that have happened, weight loss updates if there is any and recipes that I have tried in that week...

Let's start out with Day 1 Weight. I feel it's very important to take this large challenge on to see where you are on the first day. Since this is a YEAR LONG challenge I am looking forward to coming back to this post to see where I was on Day 1..



Since I started at 145 lbs back in October here I was on January 1, 2017.

1-1 1-4 Collage

I know I won't make the entire 2017 miles since this past year I only ran about 550 miles total. That would literally be 4 times the miles I've done this past year and I know that will put a toll on my body since it's not conditioned to run or even walk that much. I did start out pretty good in the first week. My ultimate goal was to do half and share the other half with two of my friends as we've signed up as a team for this challenge. Our name is "Women of Ass Destruction" because our goal is to use this fitness to tone down and get fit! Build muscle and destroy the fat!

Above here you can see my treadmill workouts I did for the first four days. On the treadmill I take a picture of each workout so I can journal my progress as the year goes on.

1-5 1-7 collage

The second half of the week I did these workouts. The 5th I broke up my workout with a 2 mile run which you can see on the bottom right and then another 3.5 miles speed walking on incline to finish my 5.5 miles needed for the day. I took a rest on the 6th and then back at it to finish the week off with a 4 mile workout.

week 1 food collage

My goal outside of physically working out is to change our diet with different foods to eat for dinner. My desire is to change it up so we try new vegetables and textures that are healthy, whole, real, unprocessed and full of flavor...

This first week I made some Chicken Avocado Wraps which were a huge hit. So good that they are still asking for us to have it again..

I also made a delicious moist, organic pork dish with kale, spinach, feta cheese and grape tomatoes.

I then also made a delicious sweet potato and ham soup.. YUM!

I forgot to take pictures of the other meals that week but I'm working on remembering before I eat it so I can journal it on here each week..

Comments

Popular Posts