500 Miles and Counting...

I posted back the first of January that I was taking on a year long challenge to run/walk 2,017 miles in 2017. I had great intentions to post weekly on my journey but life tends to keep me off the computer.  Well we are finishing up the third month of 2017 and I am happy to say that I reached 500 miles three days ago. It has been a huge accomplishment to see this number. In 2016 I ran/walked 600 miles in the entire year and here I am in just the third month and have almost hit that number.

500 miles

One thing that has kept me going is I'm training for my very first half marathon. This will take place on May 21st. I am 8 weeks away from this special occasion and working hard to do my best.

Speaking of best... I'm super excited about sharing my 1st race of the year's results. I ran a 5K Clover Bud St. Patrick's Day Race a couple weeks ago with my hubby. This race was my first ever back in 2011 when I just started out running so it has a little sentimental value to it.

With all my running training I wanted to see how good I could run this. In the past my average was about 12 1/2 min miles. This time I did it in 32:59 which averaged a little over 10 minute miles. Not only did I add speed, but was able to run this without stopping and have little issues.. It was awesome!

The best part... I actually WON a medal. I was 2nd in my age division..

5k race collage

My next race is coming up on April 9th. It's a color fun run so not really out to break records since these are mainly to get messy. Still will try to work on my timing since these events are good at checking times..

Here is a list of my races that I've signed up for up until my Half Marathon in mid May..

April 9th: Color Fun Run 5K
April 15th: Trail Run 5K
April 23rd: Icebreaker 5 Mile
May 7th: Bloomsday 12K
May 21st: Half Marathon

It's going to be a busy Spring Running Schedule. I am happy to see this many races to choose from since my area typically is limited with races throughout the year. Mainly one a month so I'm excited about the line up..

Here's to my next 100 miles.....

Comments

Popular Posts