Class of 2017- Homeschool Graduation

On May 20th my oldest son, middle child, graduated high school. We have been blessed to be able to homeschool him for his education and had the opportunity to present him with a diploma and enjoy his special day together.

I decided back in November after the original coordinator for the graduation's stepped down to take over the roll for the year to give my son a wonderful ceremony/reception. After 7 months of planning and prepping we finally came down to the special day. 20 graduates for this occasion. The biggest our community has had graduate at one time.

My son performed with a friend of his from youth group at our church. She wrote the lyrics and my son wrote the music and they had the opportunity to perform during the ceremony. It was so beautiful!

My husband did the talking as I was an emotional wreck watching my son walk down the aisle, see his slideshow of him growing up and now before me all grown up receiving his diploma. He wrote him a poem that was very fitting for the occasion.

Grad 1

My daughter came up from her duty station in Utah to see her brother graduate. It was so nice to have all my family together even for a few days.

grad 2

All the graduates with the cake which had all their names on it.

Throwing their cap/gowns outside and my son with his memory table.. Each graduate had the opportunity to put together a table of their childhood/school memories... It was so nice to see them all..

My son is now working on his future. Looking for a full time job right now while seeking options for a future career. He is interested in ministry. Youth or Music so while working on these details he will be saving money and preparing for a future career.

We can't be more proud of him and his accomplishments..

Comments

Popular Posts