1. He makes me laugh
Copyright Protected © 2008-2018
Thursday, November 5, 2009
1. He makes me laugh
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
- 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock- Fall color (I used More Mustard from Stampin Up)
Each cardstock will make two cards
- Creme colored cardstock- 1 8 1/2 x 11" will give you about 9 leaves
- Designer Paper- Fall patterns/Colors ( I used Autumn Meadows from Stampin Up)
- Brown or Chocolate color cardstock (Depending on how many cards you make- you can get about 6 cards per sheet)
- Leaf stamps ( I used Stampin Up "With Gratitude" set which I believe is now retired)
- Fall Ribbon ( I used ribbon that says Autumn on it)
- Stampin Up Liquid Re-inkers in: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust, and Ruby Red
- Baby Wipe
- Large Glue Dots or Pop Up Dots
Place a baby wipe on a paper plate, styrofoam tray or your stamp box
Using a random triangle pattern, put about two drops of the liquid re-inker onto the baby wipe of each color in at least two-three places each color. This becomes your ink pad.
Taking your 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock. Cut it in half at the 5 1/2" mark giving you two cards.
Fold both to form two cards
Taking your patterned paper cut into strips about 2 1/2" wide
Do the same thing with the chocolate or brown card stock that will go behind the patterned paper. Cut this about 3" wide and then cut this the full length of the card
Cut your ribbon to fit around this strip and enough to allow you to tie in a knot
Glue this piece down on the left side of the card, farthest away from the opening, leaving a little space from the crease
Using a small leaf stamp, use your new baby wipe ink pad and place your stamp wherever on your pattern and ink the stamp
Place your stamp image on the bottom right corner of your card front
With a large leaf stamp, stamp as many leaves as you need for each of your cards on the beige/creme cardstock. You will only need one per card. I made a total of 18 cards so I stamped several on one sheet.
Here below you can see the image closer up and notice the different colors that come out on the leaf with your baby wipe stamp pad. I love this technique since it allows you to use several colors on one stamp without ruining your ink pads.
Cut out leaf as close to the image as possible
Using a glue dot or pop up dot, place it in the center of your cut out leaf
Place leaf onto card as shown below
Above is the completed card using the baby wipe technique. The card above is my original design. I just took the technique and put it towards my Autumn cards that I wanted to make this year..
I look forward to sharing the next technique with you in a couple weeks.. Until then....
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
- Ask God for a list of people you need to forgive.
- Acknowledge the hurt and the hate. How does their offense make you feel?
- Understand the significance of the cross.
- Decide you will bear the burden of each person's sin. Meaning, you've decided not to retaliate in the future.
"Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ"
"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends"
- Choose to forgive. It's about your will.
- Pray the following for each person.. "I forgive (name) for (list of offenses and how they made you feel)"
- Destroy your list. You are free.
- Your forgiveness will not affect the people you've chosen to forgive. It only changes you.
"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. "
2 Corinthians 2:7
"Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow."
- Try to understand the person you have forgiven, but don't rationalize their behavior.
- Expect positive results of forgiveness in you.
- Thank God for the lessons you have learned and the maturity you have gained.
- Be sure to accept your part of the blame for the offenses you suffered.
1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful, and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"
"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you"
This really touched me today and has given me a better understanding why God wants us to forgive those who have sinned against us. Regardless how many times they've hurt or sinned against you. He wants us to forgive.. So this is my lesson that I will work on the weeks to come..
That was hard for me for so many years. I have people that were close to me for many years and still hold many grudges and has not learned forgiveness and it's hard to speak to them and also forgive them as well. The offense they did isn't what unforgiveable but the fact they can't let go and forgive you.. I know now that it's not about that anymore but getting right with God and forgiving those who have hurt you. It's not easy by any means but I know it will make me a better person, who will in return learn to love more, and live more walking beside Jesus.
There is no better motivation than that. To be right with God. Also it's very important to seek God's forgiveness of our sins.. Each and everyday we all sin in some way or another and to take all of that to the cross everyday is so freeing and allows us to grow closer to the almighty!! I can't survive the rest of my years here on earth without knowing I am right with God and my relationship with Him is pure and good..
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? Either a fishing show or hunting show.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Ranch dressing
3. What's one food he doesn't like? he will eat pretty much anything.. but I guess lately he is staying away from pasta. When I tell him we are cooking spaghetti or something like it, he cringes..
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? Well we don't do the bar scene but to answer this question it would probably be a soda or bottled water.
5. Where did he go to high school? Baker County High in Florida
6. What size shoe does he wear? 9 1/2 or 10.. depends on the shoe
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? fly fishing stuff, knife making stuff
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? ham and cheese with everything on it
9. What would he eat every day if he could? my cooking :) no really, let me see.. my apple pie.. he loves my apple pie..
10. What is his favorite cereal? oatmeal.. I know that's not cereal but we don't eat cereal anymore so that is the closest to it
11. What would he never wear? my clothes
12. What is his favorite sports team? he doesn't do sports other than fishing and hunting on TV..
13. Who did he vote for? Constitutional Party
14. Who is his best friend? Me...
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? put my cold feet on him at night.. talk about weight loss..
16. How many states has he lived in? 8
17. What is his heritage? Hungarian
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what would it be? Fishing themed!
19. Did he play sports in high school? No
20. What could he spend hours doing? making flies for fishing or designing a knife
21. What's something cool about him? that he is very creative. He's my little MacGyver.